Helena Aurora Ranges and Baladjie Rock
April 14, 2022 - April 18, 2022Price/car
Redtrack Eco Adventure Tours – Join Dave on a 5 days Camping Adventure to the Helena Aurora Ranges and visit the Njaki Njaki Family
This is truely a unique opportunity to explore this little known area of WA which is soon to become our next National Park. But then combine this experience with an opportunity to learn from our Aboriginal friends the Njaki Njaki family about their Ancestoral Lands as we camp 1x night just North of Merridan on our way to Helena Aurora Range. 3x nights camping at Helena Aurora Range.
The Helena Aurora range is only 488 km’s East of Perth and part of a rugged, remote, woodlands Landscape. Bring your trekking shoes so we can walk along the ridge and take lots of panoramic pictures of this impressive woodlands. Bring warm clothing and your favourite bottle of wine to enjoy around our cosy campfire. A great place to get away from the crowds and become a totally independant camper. Click on this link to find out more on this little known area of Western Australia.
Join Njaki Njaki Traditional Owner and Aboriginal tour guide Mick and undertake a cultural walking tour of Merredin Peak and the surrounding reserve. Learn about the rich Aboriginal history via a walk along the trail up the rock and be rewarded with delightful views of the town and reserve land to the East. Learn about the Njaki Njaki peoples creator that shaped the landscape we now see today through the Moulyk Dreaming Tour.
Merredin is a town in Western Australia, located in the Central Wheatbelt roughly midway between Perth and Kalgoorlie, on Route 94, Great Eastern Highway. The town’s name is derived from the Aboriginal word “merrit-in” the place of the merrit tree, a eucalypt used to make spears.
Mick Hayden of the Njaki Njaki Family
- Baladjie Rock campsite via Merredin and Westonia
- Fuel up Merredin
- Lunch at Westonia and explore township
- Depart 2pm for Baladjie Rock and set up campsite
- Casual, easy walk up to peak of Rock before sunset. Take torch.
- Easy walk around base of Baladjie Rock
- Depart 10am
- Helena Aurora Range via Bullfinch, Southern Cross, and Koolayanobbin mine site
- Set up campsite on East Side of Range, then lunch.
- Trek up East side of Range
- Collect firewood ready for communal cook up over campfire before sunset (5.30pm)
- Relaxing, easy start to day and organise lunch to take with us on 4WD trip.
- Depart 10am
- 4WD and explore Westside of Range, driving to peak with stops at large Gum tree Forrest’s Along the way.
- Happy hour and nibbles 4.30pm around campfire.
- Organise lunch for trek
- Depart approx 9.30am
- 3 hour long trek along ridge of Range for views East and West.
- Happy hour and nibbles around communal campfire 4.30pm
- Communal Pizza cook up on Dave’s Webber Q
- Depart 10am for Perth via Southern Cross and Merredin
Helena Aurora Range Tour Dates 14/04/2022 to 18/04/2022 Total Tour Cost (per car) $590 + NJaki NJaki Family $Price on Application Campsite Fees Free Camping If hiring a camper: Eureka Hire $490 Pick up of the Hire Camper Wed, 13-04-2022 Number of Days of Hire 7 25% deposit to book tour $148 Secure your participation on this trip by paying the deposit now.
One day to pack, one day to clean and return. Hire your camper from www.campertrailerswa.com.au
Helena Aurora Range
14/04/2022 to 18/04/2022
Total Tour Cost (per car)
+ NJaki NJaki Family $Price on Application
If hiring a camper:
Pick up of the Hire Camper
Number of Days of Hire
25% deposit to book tour
Secure your participation on this trip by paying the deposit now.